2012 Arts and Rivers Contest
Milwaukee Riverkeeper is proud to announce its Third Annual Arts and Rivers Contest!
In celebration of our amazing rivers, we are seeking visual works of art that convey the beauty and importance of our waterways in an artistically meaningful way.
We encourage both amateur and professional artists to submit works of any visual medium: photography, painting, drawing, or mixed medium. Though content of the work must connect in some way to the Kinnickinnic, Menomonee, and/or Milwaukee Rivers.
The contest's top 25 finalists will be on display at Discovery World on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 during Milwaukee Riverkeeper's Clean Water Act 40th Anniversary Celebration.
Cash prizes will be awarded to three winners
- 1st Prize = $550
- 2nd Prize = $250
- 3rd Prize = $150
For more information on the Clean Water Act celebration, click here.
- Submission Deadline: Fri. September 21, 2012 by 5pm
- Submitted works must be easel-sized, with a maximum of 48" by 48"
- Each artist may submit UP TO THREE images
- Send digital copies of your submissions to Zack Adams - zack (at) milwaukeeriverkeeper.org. Each submission should be accompanied by a completed submission form. Digital images should be UNDER 1MB in size.
- Finalists must submit pieces ready-to-hang by the week of October 1, 2012
The pieces will be judged by a professional panel of jurors. Three awards will be announced at the Clean Water Act 40th Anniversary Celebration, with cash prizes to be distributed.
NOTE: Each artist, or a representative, must be present to collect an award; free tickets (value at $50 each) will be provided to each of the 25 finalists.
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SUBMITTED WORK!!
|Arts Contest Information.pdf||415.13 KB|
|Art_Rivers SubmissionForm.pdf||124.61 KB|