About Milwaukee Riverkeeper
Our mission is to protect water quality and wildlife habitat in the river corridors and to advocate for sound land use in the Milwaukee, Menomonee, and Kinnickinnic River Watersheds.
We envision a future in which people from all walks of life can enjoy the healthy waterways of the Milwaukee River Basin.
Milwaukee Riverkeeper is a licensed member of the Waterkeeper Alliance, an international coalition ensuring clean water and strong communities.
We are a licensed 501(c)3 non-profit organization with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, and a charitable licensed organization through the State of Wisconsin.
Milwaukee Riverkeeper serves as an advocate and voice for the Milwaukee, Menomonee and Kinnickinnic Rivers. Our core programming involves patrolling, monitoring and advocating on behalf of the rivers. We also do hands-on river restoration projects as well as organize thousands of volunteers each year in river cleanup activities.
About the Rivers
- 2010 American Greenways Award for Milwaukee Urban Water Trail
- 2010 DNR Planning Grant "Decade of River Successes" Award
- 2009 River Hero award from River Alliance of Wisconsin
- 2006 Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful IDEAL Award for Accountability
- American Canoe Association Recommended Water Trail for 2006
- 2005 Women Making Their Stamp on Metro Milwaukee Award given to Executive Director Lynn Broaddus, PhD, MBA
- 2005 Make a Difference Day Award - One of 10 national awards given to honor volunteer efforts. Awarded to FMR in honor of our 2005 Kinnickinnic River Cleanup.
- National American Rivers Award
- River Alliance of Wisconsin River Champion Award
- Wisconsin Trout Unlimited Award
- Outstanding contribution to the Preservation of the Water Resource Award
- Rockroller Award, Abel Corporation
- 1996 Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful Clean and Green Team Award
- Milwaukee River Basin Partnership Certificate of Appreciation